Saturday, January 31, 2009

Due Date Come... And Due Date Go....

Well - my mother's intuition is NOT starting off well at all. I was sure this bugger would be born during the month of January. Now I am getting ready to flip the calendar to February.

No sign of Baby Spaite AT ALL. I went to the doctor on Friday and there is nothing happening that would remotely suggest I would be in labor anytime soon. I fielded a ton of phone calls and text messages today - thanks to all those who checked in! :) I appreciate it!

For those of you who have not been separated from your phones for the last few days, you may as well give it a break for a while. The doctor said he wanted to see me on Wednesday for a non-stress test to check on the baby and my status as well. As I walked to the reception desk to schedule yet another appointment he gave me a sympathetic smile and said, "See you Wednesday."

So another day goes by, yet it will no longer be marked by the fancy little pea pod ticker at the top of the Blog screen. I need to find something else to put up there - Rachel, you'll have to help me out on that one! :) Thanks again for all the well wishes and thoughts today.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I guess I'll make my own comment! Surprise, surprise, that ticker still counts. Now I can be reminded of how many days overdue I am! Perfect!! :)

Unknown said...

I keep waiting by my phone.I know your just as anxious as I am! That baby will come when its good and ready though. Unfortunately I was 2 weeks over due so my family knows what this waiting game is all about. Just enjoy the quiet for now soon enough you'll crave it. :D