Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stubborn Spaite

Baby Spaite is sure a stubborn one. Another appointment has come and gone. Still no change or indication that Baby Spaite will be joining us anytime soon. (If you want more details, call! I'll spare the rest of you the ins and outs of every specific detail!)

I had a non-stress test today, which is normal for those that are past their due date. Apparently I am a member of the "post-due" crew. Hmmmm...... I think I will get a T-shirt made. Better yet, maybe I will design and sew one myself. I certainly have enough time on my hands.

The test was was a half hour long and showed the baby's heart rate and my contraction rate. The baby's heart rate was nice and steady and my contractions were every 2 minutes, though not the kind of contractions that are necessary to get anything moving. So Owen and I sat for a half hour and stared at the yellow lines on the screen. We'd much rather stare at a chubby little face!

While we were in there, I could hear another girl trying to convince her Dr. to deliver her today. She was only 36 weeks and basically was tired of being pregnant. I have almost 5 more weeks on that lady and if I wasn't tied to a machine, I may have just "strolled" over to her little curtain and let her know that!

Anyhow, the outcome of today is.... wait until next Wednesday. Apparently my Doctor likes Wednesdays! I am set to be induced on the 11th. So there it is -grab your phones that day and cross your fingers (and toes). They said that it will take at least 12 hours, but I'd keep your phone handy on the 12th too. This slow-poke may just take that long. For as active as this thing is, I thought it would be out and running around by now.

So, what to do for an entire week until then.... anyone have anything they need me to do? Like organize, clean, etc... I am accepting all projects / offers. Just call and I will come, or you can drop off your things.

1 comment:

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

so what color will the shirts be...make me one too...we can wear em together! Hang in there...wish I could come and visit or walk with you!