Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Logan Robert Spaite has Arrived!

Logan Robert Spaite has arrived! It was a bit of a struggle for him to make it out into the world, but after an emergency C-Section he was much more content. He came in weighing 9 pounds 4 ounces - one big baby! While holding Logan shortly after he was born, Owen made the comment that he couldn't believe that he was all tucked inside of me only earlier that day! I just laughed and said, "Now do you see why I wanted that baby out so bad!"

As I mentioned, I needed a C-Section due to a condition called Bandels's Ring. It is a band of tissue around my uterus that does not dilate. Therefore, after being in labor for 10 hours and having intense contractions I was still not dilating at all. This little guy had no way to get out! It was causing too much stress on him and he was squeezing the cord. There was no way to know I had this ring, and from what I understand, it is pretty rare. I had some additional complications / infections during our 5 day stay at the hospital, but I won't get into those! All that matters is that he is happy and healthy! (If you would like the entire saga, let me know - I'd be glad to share and am at the point where I can laugh about the crazy ordeals that ensued after he was born).

Owen and I have been enjoying being parents and are figuring it all out together! We have had some good laughs over the last week and often tag-team things like smelly diapers and baths. I plan on keeping up with the blog as Logan grows and changes. Check in often if you want! I'm sure there will be some good stories!

2 comments:

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

soooo proud of the ticker~!

Unknown said...

Julie,

This is so much fun to read:) I know I do not always respond but you are in my RSS so whenever you update, I am notified:) I love reading your blog and am so happy Steve and I were able to see the little BUCKEYE when he was born:) Hope to see you soon!! Remember, if you need seasoned sitters, Steve and I are here and waiting for the call!!

Love the blog keep it up! Enjoy the little guy, time flies as you well know!! My little guy is 23!!!

Love Ya
Crystal